Abdominal bloating or bloating is a type of feeling where your tummy or belly feels full and tight. You feel uncomfortable and bloated. Bloating is often due to a result of gas in the intestines. Some people feels that they have balloons in their tummy.
Bloating Causes and Prevention Tips
Common causes of Bloating :
The common reason of bloating is having a lot of gas in the stomach. There are many causes that leads to a person feel bloated which are:
- Constipation: – As you spend most of your time at home where you might not be moving enough as normally you do. You could be less active and not exercising daily, ignoring drinking enough water. You may not be eating enough fibre and ignoring urge to go to toilet.
- Hormonal imbalance: – During periods, women usually experience bloating, cramps and abdominal pain. Hormones are changes that regulates menstrual cycle in women. It is advised to drink lot of water, exercise regularly, and avoid alcohols during periods.
- Excessive consumption of calories: – It is seen that when we avoid taking healthy food for a longer period and consuming excess calories that found in cakes, cookies and bread. We feel that our tummy gets bloated due to eating more calories than usual.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): – It is a common condition that have a negative effect on digestive system. It causes bloating, constipation, and diarrhoea. IBS can be cured by changing diet patterns, medicines, and physical activity.
- Excessive intestine gas: – If your food is not digested then it may cause bloating as intestine gas builds up. By modifying your food habits may help in bloating. There are some foods that also cause bloating like high rich fibre food, spicy and fried food, soda, beer, cheese and yogurts.
Symptoms of Bloating :
When you are bloated,
- You may feel stomach discomfort and pain.
- Your belly feels uncomfortably full and bigger than usual.
- You may be farting more than usual.
- You may feel as you have balloons in your belly.
How to cure from bloating :
Ideally, bloating can be cured by changing your food habits. This is the first line of treatment. Below are the prevention methods:
- Drink enough water: – You must adopt in your habit to drink plenty water in a day. Drinking enough water may flush excessive salt and water from your digestive system that leads to bloating.
- Exercise daily: – You must exercise daily to improve your digestive system. You may choose low-impact exercise like yoga and walking. You need to count your daily steps and proactively involve in physical activity.
- Say NO to Alcohol: – Alcohol usually affects sleep cycle, which causes swelling and inflammation. Excess intake of alcohol leads to diarrhoea which ultimately causes abdominal pain and bloating.
- Intake enough Fibre: – You must increase your fibre intake which is found in food like beans, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains. You must drink plenty of water if your fibre intake is high. This will help in passing the stool easier as it softens the food you eat.
- Avoid overeating: – You must not consume more calories than usual. Eat smaller portions and most frequent meals. Avoid large meals. While eating, chew with your mouth and eat more slowly. Eating slowly prevents overeating.
Benefits to choose greens powder for bloating
Most people are struggling with bloating and digestion issues. Including a green powder in your diet will help you get rid of from digestive issues. Greens powder are basically an amalgamation of nutrients and antioxidants that helps in reducing bloating and improves digestive system.
Most people avoid eating greens in their diet, often due to lack of interests and poor eating habits. Greens powder is an effective way to add some nutrients in your diet. It is made up of natural ingredients and entirely plant-based supplement.
In a nutshell, by incorporating a small amount of greens powder in your diet, you may add some additional important nutrition to your diet which ultimately helps in reducing bloating.